Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween '08

Believe it or not, but this was my first time ever carving a pumkin! I always watched as my family would carve, but I never actually cut anything. It was a fun experience to carve my first pumkin with Kyle. We wanted to do something creative, and I really wanted one of those tiny pumkins, so this is what we ended up with. Another first that I'm attempting to try is making a homemade pumkin pie. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out...but we'll see if it's a winner by the look on Kyle's face after he tastes it. He's been such a good guinea pig so far!
Besides carving our pumpkin, our Halloween night was rather calm. We watched a few scarey movies and didn't have any trick-or-treaters at all to interrupt our movie marathon. We love this time of year and have enjoyed the pleasant weather here in Vegas...it's still in the 80's! Woo-hoo!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Brian and I also have a blog if you want to check it out.

bgreed@blogspot.com

Megan Wilcox said...

yay!! so glad you joined all of us bloggers. It looks like you already added us so I won't leave our blog address. I'm glad I get to stay updated on your guys' life now

AM said...

oh melanie i'm so glad you found us! you two are such a cute couple and i'm so glad you made it!! i'm excited to keep up with you now =o]

Tiffany said...

I just found your blog! YAY! It looks like you two have been enjoying married life, and your honeymoon looked awesome! I love the pics. Melanie, you made a beautiful bride :) Kyle, I hope Synergy is treating you well in Vegas, I heard not so good things about Fresno.