Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Huge Slackers

No surprise here...we've been slacking on updating the blog. :) With a new baby's arrival just around the corner, I think we'll remain slackers for quite some time, but while I'm at it, here's what we've been up to:

Bryce and I attended our ward's Cinco de Mayo party at the beginning of the month. The food was tasty and the Swig sugar cookies I devoured were divine! I think I managed to down about 6 of them while no one was looking! ;) After dinner, all the kids were sent to the Pavilion to play with water balloons and water guns. We don't own any of those things, so we arrived empty handed. Bryce made sure to hunt a little gun down though. He was so sly following around kids with guns and when they let their guard down or tossed their guns, he swiped it up and took off. He loved the balloons and popped a few all over himself because of biting on them or squeezing them too tightly. Then the sprinklers came on....he was in heaven. I even caught him putting his mouth over the sprinkler heads to get a quick drink! Pretty gross, I know! Bryce didn't know how to work the water guns too well, so that didn't last too long. There were a few kids that came up to him though and squirted water straight in his face with their guns at a close distance. I observed and was shocked that they did that, but Bryce didn't seem to mind...he just wasn't expected it and gasped in air for a bit.

Meanwhile, Kyle was in Colorado for nearly a week for a work conference. He enjoyed his time there, especially on the slopes. I think he spent more time skiing than he did at the conference! We were glad when he returned home though. Toward the end of his trip, Bryce had noticed Kyle's absence and was starting to beg and cry for him. It was sweet and he was excited to see daddy again.





My sisters came in town to attend a wedding and stayed with us. We went shopping and had fun celebrating the night away at Mandalay Bay for the wedding and reception that we all went to. The food was incredible and the evening was perfect.

We had some dear friends move to Utah, so we gathered a few other couples to do one final date night together. We had a blast bowling and eating dinner afterward. It was a nice night to be away from the kids and to enjoy some adult conversation. We're sure going to miss them!!

Kyle and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary! It was a bit uneventful because Kyle was sick for the entire weekend. It was a nice weekend though to spend together and be free from any commitments. We managed to head to the Silverton on Memorial Day though so Bryce could see the fish, big boats and 4-wheelers. We then went to lunch and returned home for Bryce's nap.

Now that Kyle is back on his feet, we're waiting to actually celebrate our anniversary. It's just a matter of calling a babysitter so we can go out. We'll definitely have to do it soon before baby Kropf #2 arrives! She'll make her debut on July 10th. We cannot wait to finally meet her! :)

0 comments: