Hmmm...don't you just hate it when you spend time and money trying to find the perfect plants for your home or yard, all for it to be spent in vain when they DIE!?! Or is that just me?? I can blame myself, or I can put in on the fact that I live in a desert...which definitely doesn't help keep these darn plants moist. I don't consider myself to have a black thumb, but the odds seem to be against me, since I cannot manage to keep anything alive! Grrr! :( So my solution to refrain from spending precious time and money on plants that don't survive anyway, was to just purchase fake plants. Not the plants that obviously look fake, but to find some that look somewhat real. I love the way plants look in our home, but as I mentioned...they don't last very long.
I wasn't too fond of this solution though because...well, I'm not into fake plants. So I tried to think of an alternative...and I think I found it. My last attempt to have living plants in our home come down to giving succulents a shot. Have you heard of them? Have you tried them out? Since I live in a desert after all, I automatically thought that I couldn't go wrong. These are super drought tolerant and are in the cactus family...I have that going for me so far. I ran to my local nursery and found succulents marked down 5 for $1! So I grabbed 10, with excitement written all over my face. Some are outside on our front porch in a big urn...others are inside the house. So far, I'm loving the variety and the ease at caring for them! I think I hit the jackpot here because succulents can be self-propogated...just snip off a little, stick it in some moist soil, then a new plant will begin growing! More bang for my buck! :)
So, for you desert residents like myself, if you find yourself discouraged at buying plants only to find them dead within a few weeks, give succulents a try! I'm heading out this week to buy more because I just can't get enough of them!
Aren't these some beauties?! I think they're so adorable! Happy planting!! :)
Coronavirus disease 2019
1 week ago




1 comments:
Ooooo those are pretty! Great idea :)
Post a Comment